Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winter Storm Jonas Brings a Blizzard of Dairy Free Delights



What were you doing during last weekend’s blizzard, the so-called Winter Storm Jonas?  Binge-watching some favorite tv show?  Sleeping late and then lying around most of the day?  Checking in on tv and internet news to get the latest updates on how terrible the weather it was getting?  Spending time on social media letting your relatives know that you were warm and safe?  Therese and I were doing all of that, plus we were taking the opportunity, what with being stuck inside, to enjoy some good food (made by yours truly, of course).
Breakfast was something light, crackers with Tofutti cream cheese and fruit I think.  And lunch was leftovers, of some choucroute garnie I had made a few nights earlier (stay tuned to hear more about that in another post).  But it was for dinner that I pulled out the old apron and got really busy in the kitchen.
I started with making dessert.  I’ve had this package of pumpkin spice brownie mix from Sur la Table in my cabinet since before Christmas.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.